Welcome to Friends of Vellore UK – promoting health and welfare of the poor and marginalised
We are the UK-based charity which supports Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore in India. CMC Vellore seeks to be a witness to the healing ministry of Christ, through excellence in education, service and research. CMC is considered one of India’s finest medical college hospitals and attracts patients from all over the country as well as neighbouring nations. Whilst many patients are able to afford their treatment, a significant proportion do not have the means to pay for healthcare and may not even seek treatment. Friends of Vellore seek to follow Christ’s example in showing compassion towards those who are vulnerable and marginalised. We want to help CMC to ensure that everyone can receive appropriate healthcare regardless of their ability to pay or their faith.
Make a donation to enable safer birth in the Jawadhi Hills
We are raising funds for an urgently needed labour ward in the Jawadhi Hills. In the Jawadhi Hills it is often dangerous to give birth and it can take over 12 hours to reach medical help. At Christmas time, with our thoughts on the birth of Jesus, whose mother Mary also travelled a long way to give birth, we ask you to join us in this transformational mission and donate to help mothers and babies.
Click on the image below to download our promotional leaflet with more details:
If you would like to donate towards the labour ward, please do so here.
Friends of Vellore UK’s mission is to:
- Raise funds to support healthcare, education and development projects at CMC that benefit the poorest and most excluded patients and communities
- Encourage CMC in its partnership with smaller mission hospitals across India
- Promote the work of CMC and share news and information for prayer
- Address: 2A Chalk Lane, Cockfosters, Barnet, EN4 9JQ
- Phone: 03333 445245 (calls charged at local rates)
- Email: email@example.com
- Office hours are Tues and Thur 9-4pm