Welcome to Friends of Vellore UK
We are the UK-based charity which supports Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore in India. We want to ensure that everyone can receive appropriate medical treatment regardless of their ability to pay. So, we raise funds to support projects that in particular benefit those who are poor or marginalised.
CMC Vellore was founded in 1900 by Dr Ida Scudder, the daughter of an American missionary, responding to God’s call on her life to start a hospital for women and a medical college to train female doctors. Today, CMC is considered one of India’s finest medical college hospitals and attracts patients from all over the country as well as neighbouring nations. Whilst many patients are able to afford their treatment, a significant proportion do not have the means to pay for healthcare and may not even seek treatment.
What we do:
- Raise funds to support healthcare, education and development projects at CMC that benefit the poorest and most excluded patients and communities
- Encourage CMC in its partnership with smaller mission hospitals across India
- Promote the work of CMC and share news and information for prayer
For further information please contact Ruth Tuckwell, the Administrator:
- Address: 2A Chalk Lane, Cockfosters, Barnet, EN4 9JQ
- Phone: 03333 445245 (calls charged at local rates)
- Email: email@example.com